Yuen Law is a prominent Singapore law firm among tech startups and fintech companies, as well as multinationals looking to establish their presence here or in Asia.
Our lawyers provide companies with astute legal advice on incorporation, corporate governance and strategic matters.
Our firm is known for its transactional work in Mergers and Acquisitions and fundraising. Each year, the Corporate team advised on over 30 M&As and venture capital related deals.
We also help clients mitigate risk and stay ahead of the curve when it comes to new areas of law such as the Payment Services Act 2019 and the Covid-19 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020.
Yuen Law’s Corporate Practice group was recognised in prestigious legal rankings:
- The globally esteemed Chambers and Partners’ directory in 2021 and 2022, in the practice area of Startups and Emerging Companies
- IFLR1000 in 2022, as a Notable firm in the practice area of Mergers & Acquisitions
- Asialaw Profiles 2021 and 2022, as a Notable firm in the practice area of Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions
- Asialaw Profiles 2021, the highest rated firm for client service excellence in the practice area of Private Equity
- Singapore’s Best Law Firms 2021 by The Straits Times, with four-star ratings for Commercial Law and Intellectual Property Law
Disputes Resolution Practice
Yuen Law represents individual and organisational clients on either end of a dispute or lawsuit.
For clients pursuing a claim, we will objectively assess the case and advise the best course of action: to sue, negotiate, mediate or arbitrate. For clients being sued, our lawyers will mount a robust defence and/or work towards reaching the most acceptable resolution.
Our experienced lawyers handle complex litigation cases at all levels of the Singapore courts.
We litigate for cases including shareholder disputes, construction claims, property law claims, debt recovery, medical negligence, equity and trust claims, and insurance matters.
As protracted lawsuits can entail a financial and emotional toll, we advise clients if there are more preferable solutions, such as taking the arbitration or mediation route.
- Commercial & Civil Disputes
- Debt Recovery
- Enforcement Proceeding
- Tenant-Landlord Disputes
- Personal Injury & Motor Accident
- Medical Negligence
- Workplace Injuries
Family & Private Wealth Practice
Our family and private wealth lawyers advise clients on the full spectrum of legal matters an individual may be concerned with.
This spans family and matrimonial matters such as prenuptials, divorce, annulments, disputes over maintenance or custody, and adoption matters. The family and private wealth team has guided many clients to reach an amicable resolution in family dispute matters.
We advise clients on asset protection to safeguard their wealth and loved ones’ futures from potential disputes.
As more people grow aware of the importance of end-of-life planning, our experienced lawyers help clients set up “estate plans”, including drafting of wills and certification of lasting powers of attorney, setting up of trusts, and family business succession planning. We also assist families with the grant of probate/ or letters of administration applications for the administration of a deceased estate.
Yuen Law’s Family & Private Wealth Practice emerged among the most-recommended law firms in 2020 in:
- Singapore’s Best Law Firms 2021 by The Straits Times, with four-star ratings for Family Law and Inheritance and Succession