What Happens if I Reach a Settlement at Mediation for my Divorce?

If a compromise is reached, a settlement will be recorded by the Court in the form of a Consent Order after parties confirm their agreement to the District Judge. Subsequently, parties’ solicitors will do the needful paper work to extract it as a Consent Order, which is enforceable like any other Court Order. Steps will then be taken to extract the Final Judgment for Divorce after 3 months has elapsed since the date of the Interim Judgment for Divorce.

Click here for the Family Justice Court link on mediation.


For assistance regarding divorce matters, do contact us to make an appointment.

Related Articles:

Alternatives to Divorce

Can you Divorce

Divorce Process

Expat Divorce

contact Singapore law firm Yuen Law LLC

Subscribe to Yuen Law's newsletter!

Don’t miss our future updates and news. No spam, we promise.

This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to the use of cookies on your device as described in our privacy policy