We are pleased to announce that Mr Amos Cai has been promoted to Director of Yuen Law LLC with effect from 1 January 2021. Amos’ commitment to excellence in his work and quick thinking has led to many successes for clients, winning their trust and confidence, and numerous referrals. Amos joined Yuen Law as a
Advocate and Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore
LLB (Hons), National University of Singapore, Class of 2011
- Civil & Commercial Litigation
- Dispute Resolution, Mediation, Arbitration
- Debt Recovery
- Personal Injury & Motor Accident
- Medical Negligence
- Restructuring & Insolvency
Amos Cai is a Director and Head of Disputes Practice at Yuen Law LLC.
His main areas of practice are civil/commercial litigation and criminal litigation. Amos has also acted for and advised clients in many other areas of law including probate, bankruptcy, and construction arbitrations/adjudication applications.
Amos has helmed the Disputes Practice at Yuen Law since joining in 2018. He relishes the variety of case types in this practice area, and is motivated to seek the most pragmatic modes of resolution for his clients.
His commitment to excellence in his work and quick thinking have led to many successes for clients, winning their trust and confidence.
Integrity is another of his key driving principles which, combined with his empathy and friendly disposition, makes him a popular lawyer among individuals and companies seeking straight, sharp and robust representation.
Amos’ professional passion is helping start-ups and SMEs, who are usually run by people with the most passion but at times limited resources. To help clients make informed decisions, he makes time to help them understand their legal situation and the parameters. Clients appreciate his clear guidance on the courses of action and his preparedness and nimble responses as circumstances change.
He is a pro bono lawyer with the Singapore Law Society’s Criminal Legal Aid Scheme (CLAS), a non-profit initiative by the Law Society of Singapore to provide assistance to the underprivileged in criminal cases, as well as a Singapore NGO that works with migrant workers.
Amos is a keen sportsman and loves playing football and tennis. He represents the Law Society football team in the annual Bench and Bar competition. He is also a board game enthusiast and plays strategy games, including wargames and train games that can multiple hours.
- Assisted in a SIAC arbitration involving a construction dispute worth in excess of S$12 million
- Defended client substantially in High Court in a million-dollar civil claim, including succeeding on a point of law involving amendment of pleadings after trial
- Obtained summary judgment for S$1.2 million in a civil claim, and assisted in defending the appeal to the summary judgment
- Successfully obtained leave to initiate a Shareholders Derivative Action on behalf of a company in a dispute case
- Assisted in a Court of Appeal case regarding a striking out of third party proceedings
- Assisted in a Court of Appeal case regarding a shareholders’ dispute
- Assisted in a High Court suit regarding breach of employees’ duties
- Provided pro bono defence for the accused in a drug trafficking trial over 3 days
- Acted pro bono for an accused in a theft in dwelling trial over 8 days
- Acted for both employers and employees in employment disputes in MOM Labour Court and High Court
- Volunteer lawyer with the Singapore Law Society’s Criminal Legal Aid Scheme (CLAS)
- Volunteer lawyer with Humanitarian Organization for Migration Economics (HOME), a Singapore NGO that works with migrant workers
Download Amos Cai's CV (PDF)
News about Amos Cai
Articles by Amos Cai
Amos Cai is a professional, highly-skilled and very eloquent litigator. I’ve personally seen how he is able to manage sensitive and delicate issues and help the client to solve problems and strategize the best course of action. Highly recommended for legal disputes, no matter how challenging or difficult the circumstances.
There are times I feel frustrated and anxious, especially when it comes to legal issues. The legal team at Yuen Law LLC were patient to guide us along the way and explained to us the events that unfolded. When I had doubts at times, they assured us. Finally, we have gotten ahead and can finally put this behind us. I sincerely thank Amos and team for helping us along the way.
Amos Cai is one of the best litigation lawyer I have know over decades of experience with lawyers. He stand out from the rest with his professional advise and having client’s interest at heart. The person I trust and leave all my legal matters to and feel at peace.
Great experience with Yuen Law, was also provided with helpful information and guidance. Many thanks, will always remember the kind support from Amos and his team!
I engaged Yuen Law to help my parents with their property matters. Amos was the one who in charge of our case, he is professional, reliable and easy to communicate with. Highly recommend them to my friends and family.
We engaged Yuen Law for a particular issue, and I would like to thank Amos especially, who was really helpful. He guided us with a lot of clear explanations and ideas on how to take the case, from the start till the case was settled. We manage to get a favorable outcome all thanks to him!
I would strongly recommend Amos to anyone who needs advice on cyberbullying or false allegations. He gave very valuable advice. His advice on the various options available to me was very detailed, clear and easy to understand. He was friendly and helpful too. I have benefited much after talking to him and more enlightened on what course of action I can take.
I came to Amos Cai for my case requiring dispute resolution after some online research about him. A cultured and experienced lawyer, he patiently analysed my case and provided me with sound advice. The outcome was extremely favorable. I would definitely recommend him to anyone in times of need.
I had an unresolved issue with a developer after taking possession of my unit for many months without any end in sight. Amos was able to quickly understand the issue, and advise me on the resolution options. After discussing the options, we agreed and flexibly updated the path forward, to get to a successful outcome agreed with all parties. It was Amos’ understanding of the issue and options that gave me the confidence to go with Yuen Law. I am now in the process of engaging them for other work such as my will and LPA, based on their good performance.