How do I start the Divorce Process?

By November 3, 2016 No Comments

Every case is different, with different circumstances and challenges. The best way to start is to make an appointment with us so that we can understand your needs and your case. Once we do that we can better help and guide you, whether it is uncontested or contested, whether the issue is children or money or assets.

If your spouse contests your “reason for divorce“, you will have to provide evidence by way of documents or witnesses to persuade the Court that it is true, e.g. emails, images, recordings etc. If before starting divorce proceedings, we will assess the weight of the evidence and advise you accordingly.

For children’s and wife’s maintenance, it would be very helpful start if you have a detailed list of monthly and annual expenses, e.g. household, personal (food, clothes, transport), educational, medical, insurance etc.

For matrimonial assets, it would be important to have documentary evidence of direct financial contributions e.g. CPF Housing statement, bank statement, title deeds. Indirect contributions can consist of evidence of housekeeping, purchase of household items, renovation etc.

Based on the above important information we will be able to guide you in making proposals for settlement in an uncontested divorce and prepare your divorce court documents for both contested and uncontested proceedings.

For assistance on divorce process, please contact us to make appointment.

Related Articles:

Alternatives to Divorce

Can you Divorce

Divorce Process

Expat Divorce

Fung Peen Lim

Author Fung Peen Lim

Fung peen is a 20 year veteran of the legal industry. A peace-maker at heart, Fung Peen proficiency in litigation makes him a valuable ally and counsel in helping his clients find amicable legal solutions, in estate planning, debt recovery, disputes, divorce. One wise saying he believes in is “A Will is a great way to love your family with the last thing they read from you”.

More posts by Fung Peen Lim

Contact Us

Message will be sent to Yuen Law authors

All rights reserved Yuen Law LLC.