What Happens if I Reach a Settlement at Mediation for my Divorce?

By July 3, 2016 No Comments

If a compromise is reached, a settlement will be recorded by the Court in the form of a Consent Order after parties confirm their agreement to the District Judge. Subsequently, parties’ solicitors will do the needful paper work to extract it as a Consent Order, which is enforceable like any other Court Order. Steps will then be taken to extract the Final Judgment for Divorce after 3 months has elapsed since the date of the Interim Judgment for Divorce.

Click here for the Family Justice Court link on mediation.


For assistance regarding divorce matters, do contact us to make an appointment.

Related Articles:

Alternatives to Divorce

Can you Divorce

Divorce Process

Expat Divorce

Fung Peen Lim

Author Fung Peen Lim

Fung peen is a 20 year veteran of the legal industry. A peace-maker at heart, Fung Peen proficiency in litigation makes him a valuable ally and counsel in helping his clients find amicable legal solutions, in estate planning, debt recovery, disputes, divorce. One wise saying he believes in is “A Will is a great way to love your family with the last thing they read from you”.

More posts by Fung Peen Lim

Contact Us

Message will be sent to Yuen Law authors

All rights reserved Yuen Law LLC.