Divorce is the termination of a marriage. Annulment is a declaration that there was no valid marriage from the start.
The result of a divorce is your legal status changes from married to divorcee, whereas in nullity is from married to spinster/bachelor.
One of the most common reason accepted by the Court for Nullity is that your spouse has wilfully refused to consummate the marriage.
For assistance on the above matters, please contact us to make appointment.
Alternatives to Divorce
Can you Divorce
- “The Reasons for Divorce” a.k.a Divorce Requirements
- What is a Deed of Separation? How can it Work For You?
- Introduction to the Divorce Process
- How do I start the Divorce Process?
- How Long is The Procedure to Divorce in Singapore?
- Contested VS Uncontested Divorce: What You Need To Know
- Is Mediation in Family Justice Court Beneficial?
- How Many Mediation Sessions Must I Attend?
- What Happens if I Reach a Settlement at Mediation for my Divorce?
- Protecting Children & Fair Division of Matrimonial Assets (Ancillary Matters)